- Job Type:
Our Client has a requirement for an ESH Assistant, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Plymouth.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Assists teams to incorporate ES&H requirements, evaluates and applies risk management principles, and acts as site safety coordinator/inspector.
- Provides ES&H technical assistance to other project personnel.
- Guides, coaches, and motivates others to implement ES&H policies and standards.
- Promotes integrity, technical competence, and commitment to ES&H.
- Reviews work packages method statements and risk assessments.
- Works with Engineering, Procurement and Construction to ensure that ES&H requirements are incorporated into designs, processes and procedures
- Undertakes daily monitoring of work practices of construction contractors.
- Attends meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to communicate on ES&H requirements and lessons learned.
- Conducts project incident investigations and notifications; documents factors contributing to an incident and ensures the preparation of required reports.
- Supports project/site HSE committee and facilitates the craft-based leadership program.
- Coordinates inspection tours by senior management.
- Delivers ES&H training to project personnel.
- Ensures environmental compliance of construction activities to contractual commitments, permits, and the Environmental Management Plan (EMP).
- Reviews Emergency response plans including rescue, emergency transportation, and evacuation for foreseeable incidents and observes regular drills and exercises.
- Supports occupational health specialists in delivery of D&A testing, occupational health screening, case management and wellness activities.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate.
- Experience in Health safety and Environment compliance inspection/assessment during construction.
- Knowledge of ES&H management systems, principles, terminology and methodologies.
- Construction site experience.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for ESH Assistant’s looking for new employment.