Chartered Senior Landscape Architects
- Job Type:
- Market Rate
Temporary Chartered Senior Landscape Architects
We will also consider candidates at more junior levels, so the charge rate should reflect this.
We will consider people for full time or part time roles and are happy to accommodate to individuals requirements.
The role will be based out of our Epsom office, however we are open to people home working.
We are a regionally focused and nationally connected practice working in a multi-disciplinary environment. We deliver a diverse portfolio of high-profile public and private sector infrastructure and city projects. In 2020 we led the environmental assessment and design of Havant Thicket Reservoir Project for Portsmouth Water, a new open water reservoir for the south east that includes visitor centre and facilities, and extensive wetland.
Working in a multi-discipline team this role would suit a Chartered Landscape Architect, with the knowledge and experience to take a lead role in the assessment and environmental design of large scale projects through the planning system. We are interested in candidates who see LVIA as an exciting opportunity to inform and influence a scheme development and the decision making process through good environmental design. This role offers a wide variety of experience and provides an excellent opportunity for career progression covering all aspects of work including project and team management, internal and external client liaison, and the generation of new business.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate innovative design ideas, high quality presentation and communication skills, and competence in undertaking site surveys and writing technical reports. It is important that they enjoy working in a stimulating multi-discipline environment and are capable of providing sound landscape advice and solutions at all stages of project development.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture and CMLI (post 3 years)
- Relevant experience and working knowledge of:
- ELC, UK legislation, planning and EIA process
- LVIA in accordance with the latest best practice guidance and standards including GLVIA3 and DMRB
- Landscape character assessment, environmental site appraisal, site planning, and environmental design
- Environmental and Landscape Management Plans
- Verified photomontage views and visualisations
- An understanding of the principles of SuDS
- Ability to support contract documentation and site supervision
- Understanding of and demonstrable experience in BIM
- Highly motivated and able to lead and manage tasks and programmes on projects both in multidiscipline teams or show ability to work independently on own initiative including self time-management against budgets.
- Management of project teams and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Taking responsibility for project workload within a team.
- Proven track record of client management and successfully winning work, including the preparation of project scope and fee proposals.#
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
- Flexible and self-motivated, confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication, written and presentation capabilities to support project delivery from feasibility through to construction.
- Commercial awareness and business development skills
- Strong interest in the development of and application of digital toolkits in LVIA etc, landscape characterisations, environmental and landscape management.
- Competence in AutoCAD and be able to demonstrate the use of Adobe software packages. 3-D visualisation i.e. SketchUp an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and fluency in English.
- Familiarity with working in a quality assurance environment (desirable).
Applicants must hold a full valid driving licence.