Site Engineer (Civil Bias)
Highlands and Islands
- Job Type:
Site Engineer (Civil Bias)
Our Client has a requirement for a Site Engineer, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Dounreay.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- To undertake engineering and supervisory duties during the execution of site works.
- To supervise on-site activities from a technical aspect of works.
- To oversee certain Subcontract activities on the site during the project.
- To ensure that works are delivered in line with the specification and design.
- To record and raise any technical issues on the project.
- Comply with client standards for construction works.
- To understand the full scope of work and any changes occurring to it and report accordingly.
- Reports directly to the Project Manager / Construction Manager as applicable.
- Liaises with the design authority with regards to technical issues.
- Directly manages certain site works from a technical aspect.
- Communicates effectively with all site personnel and client representatives.
- Accountable for compliance with site procedures, quality, and technical specifications.
- Is completely familiar with the drawings and specification regarding the particular area of delegated work.
- Supervises a team/team of subcontractors and/or labour to ensure technical compliance
- Raises and resolves technical problems encountered to the satisfaction of the Client.
- Communicates effectively to all parties undertaking the works.
- Directs staff on technical issues.
- Complies with all Safe Systems of Work on site and accords with all SSOW documentation.
- Identifies areas of inefficiency, interruption to the normal flow of work and reports to the PM/CM.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Knowledge and qualification in a technical discipline with qualifications at HNC/HND/ Degree level.
- A full UK driver’s license
- Experience in site engineering including a project construction phase
- Ability to motivate work teams and drive engineering issues to meet programme
- Eye for technical details and understands engineering quality standards.
- People management skills, Stakeholder communication skills at all levels. Strong technical understanding. Motivated and unfazed at working to tight deadlines. Work focused.
- Experience in the nuclear construction/decommissioning arena.
- Sub-contractor and management experience
- Qualifications with construction theme. Civils theme desirable.
- Temporary works coordinator experience.
- Lifting Qualification.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Site Engineer’s looking for new employment.