- Job Type:
- £43k - 50k per year + Benefits
Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Engineer
Lancashire (Hybrid Working)
Competitive Salary and Company Benefits
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Quantity Surveyor or Cost Engineer to join a bespoke solutions provider, which provide services to highly regulated Industries.
As the QS/ Cost Engineer you will play a key part in delivery contract, managing the costs from the early design plans, through to contract completion making sure that subcontracts and the project meet legal and quality standards and ensuring that clients get value for money.
- Deliver a structured approach to manage project actual, budget and forecast costs in order to effectively capture the project’s status and support project execution and decisions.
- Assist the Procurement Team and Manager with assessment of subcontract tenders / terms and conditions being involved with risk analysis and escalation.
- Provide input to the development of the Project Control Planning (e.g. WBS) formulating the Project Financial Baseline.
- Be accountable for day-to-day collection of all project cost/financial information, generating and reporting regular project financial data such as spend profiles, budgeted and earned values, forecasts and completion costs.
- Assistance in cost elements of contract close-out / account settlements and closure review meetings.
- Review and recommendation of interim valuations, including identification of Disallowed and Disallowable costs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry- NEC contracts would be a distinct advantage.
- UK driving licence
- Previous experience within a Quantity Surveyor, Cost Engineer or similar role.
- Background within the nuclear, MEP or M&E industry.
- A degree or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels for scientific, high-tech engineering, IT and manufacturing companies from Graduates / Trainees to Engineers, Sales, Management and Director Level Search and Selection appointments. Please contact Jez Lloyd at First Recruitment Group to find out more.