Financial Systems Data Analyst
- Job Type:
- £35k - 42k per year + 15-20% bonus
As part of our digital transformation strategy, your role of Finance Systems Data Analyst will focus on supporting the Finance Systems & Process Manager in monitoring and maintaining data in our finance systems. The Finance Systems Data Analyst will be responsible for undertaking regular checks to validate the data in our systems and acting as the early warning, to enable effective corrective action to be taken. Ensuring financial systems that affect our financial information, are providing reliable and accurate data to support business performance and business decision making. Designing, developing, and deploying business analytics dashboards using Microsoft BI technologies such as SQL, Power BI, etc. You will also be involved in supporting all finance system users and process improvement.
Key Result Areas:
- Work with Finance Systems & Process Manager to ensure the finance systems are accurate, up to date and providing the right information to the business.
- Work with the Finance team to mitigate financial risks which are related to poor systems and/or processes resulting from internal or external audits.
- Collect, organise, interpret and present statistical information to help with decision making.
- Analyse data to identify trends and provide recommendations on how to address or improve on the trends.
- Create, implement, and embed processes and/or systems to make working with data more efficient.
- Researching ways to make use of data.
- Producing BI reports and charts communicating trends within the data.
- Presenting information generated from data to colleagues and managers.
- Ensure Financial systems provide accurate and timely information.
- Work with Finance Systems & Process Manager to ensure we retain integrity, control, and develop further solutions to support the business by achieving its targets as efficiently as possible.
- Identify KPIs with clear objectives and monitor them consistently.
- Identify opportunities for system/process improvements.
- Responsible for development and administration of BI Tools.
- Support the Finance Systems & Process Manager and the wider finance team / business as required.
Recent graduate in Statistics, Data Science or similar degree
Power BI Certification or something similar
Digitally literate with strong IT skills (i.e. proficient.
Three to four years of experience with a self-service tool such as Power BI or Tableau use of Microsoft products)
Aptitude, skills and abilities
Ability to analyse, model and interpret data.
Accuracy and attention to detail. Interpersonal skills and a methodical approach to problem solving. Ability to transform raw data into meaningful insights.
Analytical approach and confident working with data.
Ability to manage own workload and time effectively.