Senior Software Engineer
- Job Type:
- Market related
Senior Software Engineer/ Software Engineer
Aberdeen/ Remote (1-2 days a fortnight in the office)
My client are a specialist engineering services company delivering a range of services and products from concept through to manufacture, installation and commissioning. They can offer a forward thinking, flexible working environment to provide creative, cutting edge solutions to the Marine, Maritime & Oil and Gas industry. Given their long standing relationships with major companies in these industries they can offer stability and a chance to work on exciting, complex projects. My client are happy for employees to work remotely and travel to the Aberdeen office once a fortnight.
As Senior Software Engineer you will provide software engineering design solutions and through life engineering support to the commercial & defence product ranges working as the technical lead for the software engineering team.
The workload can be diverse and vary from creating software for new product design to meet client or internal specifications through to supporting an existing client’s request to upgrade or change software in the field. As Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the creation of software engineering documentation such as specifications, proposals, test plans, reports and manuals.
My client would be keen to speak to Senior Software Engineers with the following expertise:
- Relevant experience in an industrial software and firmware design environment
- Extensive experience in embedded software (MPLAB, ST32) development, test and debug
- Extensive experience with high level development languages – preferably one or more of PowerBASIC, VB, C# and C++, Dynamic C and C.
- Good software development knowledge including version control using Azure DevOps and Agile development techniques
- Experience with network protocol UDP
- Experience with serial comms protocols over RS485/232, CAN
- Experience with SQL server/client data base applications
- Experience with user interface MVC framework
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with documentation using online Wiki
Experience with the following would be advantageous
- Product design
- Siemens STEP7 PLC coding would be advantageous
- Embedded software in safety critical applications
- Ideally around 5 years in a senior software engineering role
- Software / Computer Science / Electrical/electronic engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
- Any relevant diving qualifications would be advantageous
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for looking for new employment.