- Job Type:
- Market related
Initial 12 Month Contract
3 days in the office, 2 days working from home per week
Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
An experienced Senior Buyer is required to join the team in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. The role will be an outside IR35 position.
As the Senior Buyer, you will have the ability to work on a hybrid basis of 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home per week.
As the Senior Buyer, you will have experience in the preparation and negotiation of major vessel contracts.
- Preparation/negotiation of major sea transport and offshore construction contracts and agreements and keep track of the relevant documents.
- As the Senior Buyer, you will assist Commercial department by obtaining quotations, assisting with technical evaluations, leading commercial and contractual negotiations including nominated subcontractor agreements.
- Develop a department supply chain data base of global providers for offshore construction and heavy transport vessels alike.
- As the Senior Buyer, you will review and assess commercial and contractual aspects of variation order requests.
- Liaise with department and project staff in relation to purchasing requests and keep them informed on technical, price and availability matters.
- As the Senior Buyer, you will perform other departmental duties as necessary when departmental members absent.
- As the Senior Buyer, you will ensure activities comply with Government acts and statutory regulations.
- Any other duties within own experience and capability as advised by Department Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- As the Senior Buyer, you will have proven vessel chartering experience.
- As the Senior Buyer, you will have an in depth understanding and experience of negotiating BIMCO charter party contracts
- Member of a Purchasing Institute preferable but not essential.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Senior Buyers who are seeking new employment.