- Job Type:
- Salary DOE
Talascend presents an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager role working for an exciting engineering consultancy. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is based in Stafford, requiring travel between regional offices and client/vendor sites. The Project Manager will oversee projects ranging from £50K to £3m, contributing to an annual project volume of £1.5m to £5m. This role involves collaboration with Key Account Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers, internal staff, and clients to effectively manage MEICA contracts/projects.
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement successful project delivery, ensuring high quality, on-time completion, and within budget.
- Assume responsibility for managing and communicating project commercial performance and program to senior management, highlighting any concerns.
- Communicate program progress with clients using project programs and other updates.
- Propose project delivery improvements for increased performance, efficiency, and profitability.
- Ensure adherence to quality procedures in project delivery.
- Effectively manage and coordinate sub-contractors and product suppliers.
- Conduct project design reviews and stay informed about current standards and practices in LV Engineering, control, and automation industries.
- Inform Key Account Managers of potential opportunities.
- Evaluate project early warnings, compensation events, and variations accurately, communicating them to senior management and clients.
- Manage project risks (commercial, technical, or contractual) and communicate them to stakeholders.
- When needed, manage engineering and administrative staff working on projects.
- Assume Health and Safety responsibility for site works associated with projects, complying with CDM regulations.
Experience / Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Effective communication at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Positive, approachable, willing, and helpful.
- Commercially aware and a team player.
- Appreciation of electrical installations and control systems, including control panels/MCCs, PLC, SCADA, and instrumentation.
- Willingness to undergo an annual performance review and actively participate in internal and external training courses.
- ONC/HNC/Degree in electrical, measurement, or control engineering or related discipline.
- Good basic education, particularly in English language and grammar.
- Project Management skills, APM or Prince 2 practitioner preferred.
- IOSH Managing Safely and CDM principle contractor knowledge/experience preferred.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for [role] looking for new employment.
As part of putting people first, we strive to be an equal opportunities employer and we are always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce, working closely with our clients to ensure everyone is included.