- Job Type:
- Market related
This is an exciting opportunity for an organised and proactive individual to manage the flow of materials within a successful chemical manufacturing Company. Based in Norwich, Norfolk, the client is a leading large scale chemical company delivering customer needs utilising its broad asset and technology base underpinned by its quality driven project management.
The appointee will be responsible for inventory optimisation through increasing stock turns and a reduction in redundant stocks, customer supply performance via QOTIF and the evaluation of planning performance through managing shortages and resource utilisation.
- Managing the short to medium term production plan of a portfolio of products in order to achieve the optimum balance between market requirements, customer service, production resources, material availability and inventory levels.
- Processing orders to ensure products are produced to meet customer requirements and raw and packaging materials are available for production.
- Manage and analyse customer demand data and reschedule production and material flows accordingly in order to maintain optimum plan, ensuring all relevant parties are kept abreast of changes. Ensure third party demand data is accurately maintained.
- Direct and control the timely delivery of materials to meet the needs of the manufacturing units by interpretation of data and close liaison with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Ensure that all materials are delivered fit for purpose and all aspects of operational purchasing are accurately maintained and actioned in accordance with quality procedures.