DevOps Software Engineer
- Job Type:
DevOps Software Engineer
• We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected - at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. Company employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
• We are now looking for a DevOps Software Engineer to work on the development and enhancement of the DevOps services for our companies Wireless 3GPP test mobile products.
As a DevOps Software Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Candidates should ideally have a good university degree in computer science, engineering or a related software discipline.
• Hands on software development experience.
• Experience in development in Java in an Agile environment.
Knowledge of a number of the following subjects:
• Languages: Java, Python
• Frameworks: Spring, Atlassian SDK, wxPython
• SCM: Git, Bitbucket, ClearCase
• Issue tracking: JIRA
• CI: TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins
• A team player with good organization skills.
• A confident communicator, both written and verbally.
As a DevOps Software Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
• To participate in the development, maintenance and enhancement of the DevOps services.
• Initially the focus will be on specifying, developing and deploying various plugins and webhooks required for our Bitbucket SCM server.
• In the longer term, the role will expand to cover continual improvement of all the DevOps services (CI, Issue tracking, SCM and others) and the client applications that interact with them. This will include working with members of the development team to identify opportunities for improvement and prioritising them.
Main duties and responsibilities to include:
• Some requirements analysis, design.
• Development and enhancement of server-side plugins, typically in Java.
• Development and enhancement of client tools, typically in Python with a wxPython GUI.
• Maintenance, support and enhancement of existing software.
• Good communications skills required; interaction with the development team.
• Familiar with software development and tools.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.