- Job Type:
Job Description of a Project Engineer:
We are looking for a project engineer to join our client’s team in Winnersh on a water project.
The role of project engineer in the SEMD team (electronic security) is based around the management of sub-contractors through design to construction and hand over. The role will undertake liaison with operations, IT and operational technology and assurance.
Requirements of a Project Engineer:
• The successful applicant must have experience in electronic security systems. A good understanding of Lenel and Genetec systems would be advantageous.
• A background of working on water and/or wastewater or electronic security in industrial environments is desired. Specifically systems such as Intruder Alarms, Access Control and CCTV.
• A good level of grammar is required as the individual will be required in some instances to write or review documentation and design data.
• Previous training/certification such as Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), Site Management Safety Training Scheeme (SMSTS), Electrotechnical Certificate Scheme (ECS) will be advantageous.
• The role will involve site work (mainly around London) and therefore travelling will be necessary and a full UK driving license is required.
• The engineer will attend client premises as required in a timely manner, be courteous, of a professional appearance, and ensure the project manager is kept fully informed of job progress.
Responsibilities for a Project Engineer:
• The Engineer will complete the relevant service paperwork as provided. Escalation of any technical issues by form of a technical report documents and following up by the coordination of any return visits with the technical team.
• Any issues/problems such as unrectified faults, return visits or parts required will be notified by telephone to the project manager prior to leaving site.
• The Engineer will feedback any relevant information to ensure problems encountered are dealt with so as not to reoccur, and areas where service and maintenance have gone particularly well are also to be highlighted
• The Engineer is responsible for the planning and co-ordination sub-contract resource
• Be commercially aware at all times so that local decisions can be made within predefined boundaries to the benefit of the company and the client. Monitor the costs of contracts and disseminate within the project team so that plans and actions can only be altered with the prior knowledge of the project manager.
• Further training specific to working on Water sites will be provided to the successful applicant.
• Security Clearance through National Vetting is a required.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.