Senior HSE Manager
- Job Type:
Senior HSE Manager
Role Summary of a Senior HSE Manager:
• The Senior HSE Manager undertakes central HSE activities and works directly with designated lines of business in order improve HSE performance, achieving synergies and benefit from bringing these two focuses together.
• Support the SSHEQR Director in central activities, which may include supporting development and continuously improving HSE sections of management system, supporting development of HSE strategy, determining competency and training requirements, supporting HSE audit programmes, attending HSE meetings, promulgating lessons learned, leading or coordinating interactions with safety representative’s environment coordinators General Managers etc.
• Work alongside business directors and their organisations to implement and embed the strategic HSE agenda for the company and business area of responsibility, focused on improving HSE lagging and leading performance; coordinating and providing HSE advice and support in their business area, enforcing standards, supporting strong HSE culture, investigating events.
Role Responsibilities for a Senior HSE Manager:
• Support development and maintenance of the HSE management system and support documentation, to meet both legislative and internal requirements.
• Enforce standards, provide advice and promote a strong HSE culture within the company
• Support the work programme of the Environmental Working Group, HSE Committees and SAMS (as appropriate to business area).
• Input to and deliver relevant parts of the Assurance improvement programmes in order to improve overall performance and quality of arrangements.
• Support the companies sites in identifying and ensuring compliance with environmental permits and authorisations (sites within own business area).
• Provide proactive advice, support and appropriate resources to facilitate projects and the company in general, in order to improve HSE arrangements, culture, and performance and meet project requirements.
• Co-ordinate HSE resources across designated business area to provide effective support and ensure a high quality of work delivered by the resources deployed
• Provide advice and support to Business Directors and Project/Operations Managers on Level 2/3 Event Investigations and Management in order to ensure Events are appropriately investigated and lessons to prevent reoccurrence are promulgated
• Manage and ensure the promulgation of key lessons learned from within the company and wider outside industry identify and deliver appropriate HSE audit programmes, and advise on lower level audit/inspection programmes, in order to monitor the effectiveness of arrangements and their implementation
• To manage the direct reports, encouraging continuous professional development
Role Qualifications & Requirements for a Senior HSE Manager:
• Ideally degree qualified in related subject
• Hold appropriate chartership
• Level 3 H&S qualification or above
• IEMA Certificate or above
• Have formal auditor training or demonstrable relevant experience
• Significant HSE experience preferably gained within a similar role in the nuclear or other regulated industry
• Achieving HSE Improvements
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.