- Job Type:
Health & Safety Manager
• The Health & Safety manager has a dual reporting line to fulfil towards Principal Offshore Safety Engineer in Iberdrola Offshore H|SQ Business department and reporting to project's Director in EA II
• The H&S Manager will head up the Health & Safety Department in the EPC Offshore Wind East Anglia Three Project including the OFTO-Package. The job holder leads the H&S team both at the London office and the offshore site including onshore roles which are managed by a Health & Safety Site Lead.
• Initially the individual will assist, at local level in the London office, in implementing the H&S management system during the pre-construction phase. As the project gets nearer to construction, the role will focus on implementing the H&S management controls at the site. This will include working jointly with the Package managers together to ensure sufficient H&S resources are embedded within the package.
Job Outline Include:
• Work alongside the Project Management Team and CDM Advisor to ensure. However, initially s/he would need to also cover the CDM advisor role so they need both skills
• Appropriate procedures are in place to meet the project CDM obligations. Meet regularly with the project CDM Adviser to achieve alignment - Initially he would need to also cover the CDM advisor role so they need both skills
• Set up an 'audit program' so that (sub-) contractors are audited, selected and qualified against industry best practice, l, including assessing legal and quality
• Provide advice to project engineering teams on safety engineering matters such as machine and plant safety with the support from Offshore H | S | Q Business Office. Provide sufficient resource to engineering teams to ensure that Safety Engineering is appropriately represented during the entire engineering design phase of the project.
• Facilitate H&S project meetings with contractors, attend project meetings and represent H&S interests towards all stakeholders which also requires travels
• Ensure that Iberdrola and the site contractors report accidents and incidents to the appropriate Health & Safety Executive as applicable.
• Set up an efficient Offshore Health & Safety department on project level and implement procedures that works is not repeated and rather to be kept effective by assuring the suitable H&S personnel are hired. Where possible using established procedures from across the business
• Monitor for changes in legislation, industry guidance and advise Project Management and Contractors of changing requirements or new developments and implement changes into project procedures as required
• Ensure that the management arrangements are maintained throughout the project by carrying out compliance reviews at key milestones and through on site audits and monitoring.
Skills & Knowledge:
Knowledge & Methodologies -
• Offshore wind experience needed with a clear understanding of the construction steps, phases and risks
• In-depth knowledge of Safety Management Systems
• Advanced knowledge of (engineering) safety methodologies relevant for the works
• Has sound knowledge in producing and driving procedural documents
• ISO 45001 and 9001 knowledge desirable
Engineering & Technology:
• Basic understanding of Wind Turbine Generators, Electrical Substations.
• Understanding of Offshore EPC
• Understanding of offshore logistics and construction would be beneficial but not essential
• Work and understand Microsoft Office Package (complete) on advanced level
• Basic understanding among the difference of corporate, construction and operations
• A minimum five years offshore wind experience is preferred. Alternative experience in similar experiences may be considered relevance can be demonstrated.
• Coordination experience gained in a large infrastructure project
• Experience with database systems such as action tracker
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation