Quality Management Technician
- Job Type:
QMT (Quality Management Technician)
• Develops and approves supplier's processes and quality systems to ensure parts are produced to standard.
• Confirms launch capability for all new parts and processes.
• You'll be part of a rapidly growing team, working closely with engineering to develop new exciting products, and ensuring that quality requirements are defined at the early stage of development to allow the supplier's process and procedures to be developed to meet the quality expectations.
• Responsible for closure of all supplier quality problems from pre-series, production and after-sales.
• Responsible for delivering all project milestones as defined by the project timing plan using the systems and resources in the most effective manner
• Actively involved with the suppliers to deliver quality components to the plant
• Representing at the suppliers and defining quality and performance requirements
• Prioritisation of work and escalation within the project / department
• Responsible for representing the quality department in bespoke project planning meetings with purchasing, engineering and material planning.
• Responsible for evaluating suppliers during the nomination phase for new projects.
• Responsible for supporting engineering during the project development phase to ensure that any supplier drawings standards are clearly defined.
• Spear-heading the supplier development after the concept has been defined, which will involve supporting new and existing suppliers to the automotive industry to ensure all of the quality requirements are agreed and implemented.
• Actively supporting the quality technician for everyday plant bespoke quality concerns with new or existing products.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience in a parts quality or supplier development role, preferably in an automotive field
• Knowledge of quality systems QS9000 or DIN/ISO 9001/ISO TS16949.
• Audit and manufacturing process and engineering experience to accurately assess and predict supplier conformance.
• Capability to understand and relate technical drawings / specification to actual parts.
• Good English and German language skills.
• The ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels.
• Qualified to NVQ Level 5 or equivalent (Degree, HND or equivalent
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.