Supply Chain Analyst
- Job Type:
- Market related
Supply Chain Analyst
Tax and Customs authorities are under resource pressure and seek to close perceived “tax gaps”. It is therefore necessary to think and act holistically to ensure its entities are protected
The UK Group Customs function makes extensive use of externally provided software and bespoke IT systems – the role holder is responsible for ensuring optimum use is made of such systems and externally provided software is efficiently utilized
- The function supports the compliance regarding tax, customs topics as well as the technical governance for local companies.
- The function is supporting with expert advice concerning tax, customs and export control topics.
- The function supports the local and operational tax, customs and export control risk management.
- The function is a partner of the tax, customs and export control network and ensures its effectiveness within this role.
- Responsible for the submission of all import and export declarations primarily for. ensuring full legal compliance and meeting regulatory deadlines
- Ensure all import duties & VAT are paid to the authorities via the Duty & VAT Deferment A/C. Monthly reconciliation and monitoring of import entries
- Provide customs clearance instruction to customs clearing agents
- Provide regular customs training & updates to both new and current employees as well as service providers
- Monitor the AEO programme and notifiable events.
- Impact on innovations and changes
- Purpose and subject of the interaction/communication with internal/external interfaces, negotiating mandate
- Advising and informing in respect of all UK Customs duty issues as and when necessary
- H.M. Revenue & Customs – Submission of Declarations, claims, payments, responses to queries relating to the group companies in the UK
- Guiding and training for Logistics partners to the businesses to ensure proper procedures followed in respect of the movement of goods
Qualifications and Experience
- Numerate, literate, minimum 5 GCSE passes at C or above incl. maths and English
- Reasonable experience of Customs administration in a commercial setting
- Working knowledge of Customs procedures
- Demonstrating Experience of SAP and other office applications
- Cross-cultural experience and appreciation
- Capacity for team-work and tactful assertiveness
At First Recruitment, we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.