- Job Type:
Night Shift Composites Quality Technician
We are currently recurring for a Night Shift composites Quality Technician in Horndean on Permanent contract.
This role requires the applicant to be able to support with the validation, approval and development of composite components including visual carbon and/or painted products. Ability to use standard measuring equipment and methods and ensure compliance with visual inspection standards. A strong knowledge of composites and/or paint materials and processes will be considered a distinct advantage. The candidate will have good computer literacy and be able to write reports and communicate technical issues clearly and concisely. Experience with MRP system interaction will be useful. Training for some of the above can be given but a "can do" positive attitude and ability to work well on their own or as part of a team is a priority.
Key Tasks in This Role:
• Review of customer requirement on specifications, CAD Data and Drawings.
• Conduct measurement and visual inspection activity.
• Support MRP/ERP activity regarding scrap and rework.
• QMS database interaction (NCR, Concessions, Change management etc.).
• Day to day inspection and quality support for all projects
Skills & Experience:
• Visual inspections to customer specification (paint or visible carbon)
• Experienced in the use of standard measuring equipment and processes (Mic's, Vernier callipers etc.)
• Knowledge of Composites materials and processes (wet-lay, prepreg, RTM, infusion etc.)
• Experience with CAD (able to manipulate/interrogate models and notes)
• Interaction with MRP/ERP systems (Javelin preferably)
• Good computer literacy, in particular all MS Office programs.
• Basic knowledge of AS9100 and/or IATF 16949 requirements is an advantage
Health and Safety:
• All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee at you shall
• Ensuring the health and safety and welfare of yourself and that of other persons whom may be affected by your actions,
• Co-operating with on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare by observing all relevant policies, procedures, safety systems of working and safety signs,
• Only using / operating plant, equipment and machinery for which you have received appropriate
• Ensuring the use of all safety related guards, control measures, and wearing of personal protective equipment at all times,
• Reporting of all accidents, incidents and reporting any failings to the appropriate Manager and / or Director as necessary, or bring to the attention of the Health & Safety Manager
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.