Lead Civil and Structural Engineer
- Job Type:
Lead Civil & Structural Engineer
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Civil & Structural Engineer to work with a leading Engineering Service Provider, to support their Clients in the Oil & Gas, Energy & Power and Chemical Sectors.
As part of this role you will manage the Civil & Structural design activities associated with specific engineering projects, ensuring that all project deliverables are delivered in a safe and cost effective manner in compliance with standards and regulations.
• Supervision of Civil & Structural Design Engineers, overseeing the delivery of detailed work packages
• Overseeing all aspects of the design of industrial buildings from concept to construction.
• Producing Civil & Structural Building Specifications
• Producing calculations using Staad Pro analysis software
• EPC Project Management
• Manage suppliers to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of procured equipment
• Responsible for ensuring quality, checking and approval of Civil & Structural design deliverables
• Comply with all safety, CDM requirements for design work, include: design reviews, risk assessments, customer instructions, site regulations, HAZOPS, and SSOW
• Carry out design in accordance to statutory regulations, customer requirements, British/European Standards / Codes of Practice
• Carry out design, calculation and studies relevant to Civil & Structural Engineering
• Carry out site surveys of existing assets, augmenting design to ensure robust fit for purpose engineering solutions
• Support site installation and commissioning activities
Qualifications and Experience:
• Previous experience of leading a Civil & Structural design engineering team managing the design input into projects
• Proven experience in managing EPC Projects (specific experience in Chemicals, Energy and Waste Recycling is highly desirable)
• Extensive experience in civil/structural engineering design
• Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of civil/structural engineering
• Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
• Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, but would also consider a HND Civil/Structural Engineering with over 10 years’ experience
• Chartered status or working towards (desirable)
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.