- Job Type:
6 months / Temp to Perm
Worcester or Epsom
Key responsibilities include:
• Creation and ongoing maintenance of a robust, accurate and timely suite of financial and operational reports used for daily and monthly management of the business.
• Design, develop and maintain new reports both financial and non-financial to improve information provision to the wider business, driving improved data management and support decision
• Extract, manipulate and analyse data from operational business systems to provide timely and accurate KPI reporting
• Collating MI, analysing data and trends and providing findings in cohesive reports to managers
• Liaise with the finance functions to optimise the delivery of the monthly management reports, ensuring accuracy and consistency with other regular reporting.
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure full support business partnering is provided
• Planning and delivery of the reporting roadmap
Essential experience and job requirements the ideal candidate would possess:
• Willingness to work at a detailed level when working with MI data and be able to traverse between detailed analysis and high level insights using spreadsheets, databases and other reporting tools.
• Strong systems and excel skills to meet the requirements of the role.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of global stakeholders across business support functions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, within tight timescales and be flexible, prioritising responsibilities and processes.
• Good problem solving skills
• Track Record of enhancing operational efficiency by spotting process improvements and systems enhancement
• Demonstrate agile working practices (Scrum, Pair Programming etc.)
• Ideally Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
• Experience of reporting within multi-currency financial systems
Technical Skills & Capabilities:
• Advanced Excel & reporting skills
• Sound knowledge of relational databases, including schema design and advanced queries
• Advanced PL/SQL T-SQL
• Datawarehouse and modelling
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Proficiency in programming languages such as C#, Java, Ruby, Python, and VBA
• Working across UAT Dev and Prod environments
• Experience of writing project documentation (e.g. business case, business requirements, user stories)
• JD Edwards
• Hyperion Financial Management
• Power BI (inc. DAX knowledge) / Tableau / Qlikview
• Office 365 Flow, Power apps
Core Values and Behaviours
• Respect: Build strong relationships based on trust & honest discussion; listen carefully and consider different perspectives
• Excellence: Plan carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing
• One Team: Support those I work with & help to build the effectiveness of my team to achieve the best results
• Courage: to speak out when something is not right and prepared to say no or stop when necessary
• Strive to meet and surpass stakeholder expectations and deliverables
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.