Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
- Job Type:
Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager
12 Month Contract
• A Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial manager is required to work on an initial 12 month contract based in Warrington.
• The Senior QS/ Commercial Manager will report to the Regional Commercial Manager & Contracts Manager with respect to the commercial performance of the contracts within their respective portfolio, ensuring full contractual and monetary entitlement in the most advantageous terms.
• Drive commercial performance of all contracts within your portfolio in support of both the Account/ Project Manager(s) and Regional Commercial Manager
• Take ownership and responsibility for the account/ project cost budget and provide guidance and direction on any varying circumstances.
• The Senior QS will develop and manage contract budgets, monitoring earned value & expenditure to ensure accurate, up-to-date information is available and known.
• Review scopes of work and estimates for approval
• Provide complete, regular and timely internal reports to the Regional Commercial Manager which covers; resource levels, material management, site performance, key actions, commercial situations and major issues.
• The commercial Manager will identify potential opportunities to maximise sales and margin improvements.
• Prepare and agree valuation, change orders and claims with the client's representative
• The Senior QS/ Commercial Manager will identify potential overspend, ensuring early awareness of the exposure within the business to minimise cost overrun.
• Clearly identify and report in a timely manner to meet contract needs where unresolved issues require higher level management action.
• The Senior Quantity Surveyor will promote the company Zero Harm policy at all times when engaged with clients and supply chain.
• Working knowledge of various standard forms of contract such as NEC3, IChemE, etc.
• The Commercial Manager will supervise, coach and mentor junior commercial staff
• 6+ years commercial experience in energy, petro-chemical, process, refining (or similar) sectors
• Demonstrable success in the management of commercial teams, including both staff and agency personnel
• Experience of Overhauls, Projects & Term Maintenance work covering MEI & SIP services.
• Working knowledge of a range of contract styles; target cost, fixed cost, schedule of rates etc.
• Ideally professionally qualified QS with qualification in contract management
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels, Graduates/ Trainees, Designers, Engineers right through to area lead / technical authority through to Department Group Manager roles.
This is a superb opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager to work for an established and reputable organisation.