Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer
- Job Type:
Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer
Permanent Staff Position
• Responsible for performing a variety of professional-level mechanical engineering tasks, including site visits, analysis, calculations and report preparation. May act independently as the engineer/consultant in responsible charge of smaller projects and of portions of larger or complex projects. This position may be assigned to several projects concurrently, and on each project assignment may report for technical direction to a different supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Act in responsible charge, while directly performing assigned tasks in conformance with the Company's quality standards and the project budget and schedule.
• The Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer will provide direction and oversight of Graduate and Project Levels assigned to assist in the execution of project responsibilities.
• Initiate and maintain communication with clients and contractors for purposes of technical co-ordination of project requirements.
• Work directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in the area of technical expertise.
• The Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer will propose new approaches to problems encountered and make recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or designs.
• Perform as a team member or a project manager, consistent with skills and experience required for the project.
• Draft technically accurate and timely reports, responses to letters, e-mail, and other forms of communication.
• The Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer will review other engineers' work and provide appropriate guidance and training when necessary.
• Ensure that work products are appropriately reviewed before delivery to client.
• The Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer will work autonomously in their area of specialization and/or work as a team member as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Stress engineer with design experience.
• Detailed knowledge of design codes, e.g. specifically those appropriate for mechanical handling, cranes and pressure vessels
• Nuclear related experience would be an advantage.
• Assessment of mechanical plant subject to normal and extreme loads (e.g. impact, seismic, blast)
• Finite element analysis using ANSYS or ABAQUS
• The Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer will have the ability to utilise basic personal computer applications including spreadsheets, word processors, email, technical programs, and Internet browsers.
• Ability to communicate technical aspects of projects and of work assignments to peers, subordinates and clients.
• Ability to direct the execution of moderately complex engineering tasks, as appropriate.
• Knowledge of related technical disciplines.
• The Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer will have the ability to identify and efficiently analyse solutions to problems.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to work well with others.
• The candidate will ideally have experienced in the Nuclear/ Oil & Gas industries and will need to eligible to have SC clearance
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.