Senior CS&A Engineer
- Job Type:
Senior CS&A Engineer
Contract (Ltd Co./Umbrella/PAYE) - 6 months+
Our client is looking for a Senior CS&A Engineer to work on a contract basis for a minimum of 6 month in Harwell.
Our client is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence oil & gas, and science & research industries. Our expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by a highly trained, committed workforce with a wide range of specialist resources and knowledge. You will get the opportunity to work on complex projects with true engineering world class solutions being our standard delivery goal. We have a world class client portfolio and are often their go to partner for nuclear engineering solutions.
Definition and distribution of the scope of work to ensure that all work is executed safely, on time and at appropriate levels of quality. Delivery of all design and engineering to meet the requirements of Design Reviews and HAZOPs within Project procedures. Supervision of less experienced engineering employees, engineering resource management and interviews.
• Design, Specification, Procurement, Supply/Manufacture Liaison, Installation, Acceptance Testing, Commissioning and Operator Training in Nuclear Engineering Projects
• Liaison with multi disciplines
• Technical Consultancy
• Project Management including quality, progress and cost control including documentation
• Sales Support and Customer care
• Manage Contractors and Sub Contractors, Staff Development
• Manage safety by developing and reinforcing the safety culture, compliance with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking), and the application of safety systems
Position within the organisation
• Reporting to Principal Engineers with ultimate line management responsibilities being with the Chief Engineer within your discipline
• Reports to Principal Engineer, Team Leader or Department Manager
• Normally supervises a design or project team of up to 5 engineering staff, although the team may be supplemented by staff from elsewhere.
• Responsible for the allocation of work and managing quality, progress and cost of the work carried out within the project
• Responsible for managing project subcontracts
• Regularly interacts with clients and managers of other engineering disciplines
• Responsible for communications within project team on your allotment of the project
• Degree qualified in a relevant technical / engineering discipline or demonstrable experience
• A full UK driver's licence
• Working towards Chartered Engineer status (where applicable)
• Minimum 5 years' experience in the Nuclear industry
• Demonstrable competence in a design/delivery position within a project based environment
• Understanding of design requirements to support nuclear safety cases
• Experience of managing sub-contracts
• Knowledge of safety regulations including CDM
• Experience of checking design documentation including drawings and supporting calculations
• Experience and/or ability of leading a technical team within a professional project delivery environment
• Organisation & Collaborations skills
• Demonstrable expertise in working to tight deadlines
• Quality & service driven attitude
• High level of commercial awareness
• Experience of leading design teams
• Chartered Engineer and candidates nearing chartership are preferred. Membership to appropriate institutions is preferred e.g. CIBSE, MIMechE
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.