- Job Type:
Contract (Ltd Co./Umbrella/PAYE)
Our client is looking for a HSE Advisor to join a team in Birchwood on an initial 12 month contract. The position holder is employed as an HSE Advisor and is required to progress his/her identified job tasks in a diligent and efficient way as directed by the HSE Manager. To ensure that business maintains and surpasses the necessary company, industry and national standards for successful management of HSEQ matters. To develop within the Company the appropriate knowledge, understanding and attitude towards HSE matters to facilitate continuous improvement. To promote the external image of the Company through effective HSE management. To provide HSE support to the Management and Operations teams as directed by the HSE Manager.
• Having an appropriate level of knowledge of all appropriate legislation, relevant standards, codes of practice and industry practices and company documentation affecting sphere of operations and ensure that they are observed.
• Actively sponsor and promote a positive Health, Safety, Environmental culture across all contracts and site based activities.
• Advise Management and Supervision of HSE requirements
• Conduct and document inspections and audits to ensure that safe and healthy methods of working are being employed and that all relevant regulations are being observed. Also to promptly report to management and supervision any unsafe practices or breaches of legislation.
• Liaise with internal & external auditors, the Health and Safety Executive, Local Authorities, Fire Authorities, Environment Agency and any other appropriate safety, health and environmental organisations.
• Will represent the Business on matters relating to the HSEQ Management System with Clients, Certification Bodies and other external organisations.
• Assist with the enforcement of the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
• Ensure that COSHH procedures are being implemented at site level through maintenance of up to date COSHH assessments, review of planned work packs, maintaining a health risk assessment for each project/asset/site and through onsite visits and audits.
• To actively monitor the COSHH assessment requirements ensuring that control measures including environmental and biological monitoring are brought to the attention of the Project Managers and Mobilisation Focal Point.
• Foster an understanding with all management and supervision that injury prevention, occupational hygiene and damage control are not only cost effective but are also an integral part of the business and operational efficiency.
• Proactively monitor, measure and report on HSEQ performance following company and customer policy and procedure.
• Act as company's HSE representative at contractor and customer meetings.
• Participate in Accident Investigation Teams.
• To ensure that actions arising from incidents investigations are captured on the appropriate company systems to enable actions to be tracked to closure.
• Assist project teams in timely close out of Corrective Actions.
• Develop and upgrade the HSE culture throughout the company including the successful deployment of the behavioural safety programme.
• Deliver HSEQ Training as required.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of performance / compliance with company annual HSE Improvement Plans.
• Develop project interface documents and HSE Plans.
• Proactively review of work packs and bring to the attention of the project manager the control measures.
• In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the position holder is required to perform other duties as may arise in connection with the successful operation of the Company or assigned by the HSEQ Manager.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
• NEBOSH Diploma
• Chartered or Working towards Chartered IOSH Membership
• The 24 hour nature of the industry means that, at times, you may be required to respond to incidents out of hours, including weekends.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.