- Job Type:
Our client are currently recruiting a Technical Architect on a permanent basis in the Stevenage basis.
A Technical Architect is required to work on feature development of a Mobile communications product. A successful candidate must have an excellent understanding and experience of real-time multithreaded software design, partitioning designs over S/W, As a Technical Architect on Mobile products you will be able to demonstrate clear, logical thinking, excellent communication skills and experience in wired or wireless communication protocols (e.g. 3GPP) and/or signal processing designs and implementations.
• Able to work with product management, project management, developers, to help translate high level requirements into technical requirements and an implementable design partitioned across an already complex system, without breaking existing functionality.
• Technical Authority for the full life cycle of a feature delivered into one or more products and projects, or sub items within projects.
• Participate in design reviews, interface specification and code reviews
• Deliver features integrated into the product on time and at a high level of quality.
• Participate in improving processes and our way of working.
• Collaborate with project & product management, team members, and other stakeholders to develop SW in an agile/lean environment.
• Attending project phase reviews and stage gate meetings to help address technical, software development and process concerns.
• Some travel to customer sites will be required from time to time.
• Candidates should have an excellent university degree in electronics engineering, telecommunications engineering, computer science, or a similar software discipline.
• The candidate must be a seasoned professional (Sr. Staff level) with 15+ years of hands on software development experience expected.
• Line management experience for a small technical team is a plus but not mandated. Experience in leading a team of developers in a project is required.
• The candidate will have broad experience in the full development lifecycle of creating complex software and hardware products. Experience of interacting with customers (internal and external), suppliers and leading teams of people is required at this level.
• Discipline related experience includes breadth across software languages, methodologies and tools (design, version control, software construction).
• Significant depth of experience is also required in one or more areas e.g. real-time embedded and in C++ and/or C.
• Demonstrable experience of working on a large number of different processor technologies, tool chains and platforms is required. The candidate must have an excellent understanding of the technologies involved in the wireless communications market including processors, FPGAs, wireless and wired communications standards.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.