- Job Type:
I have a fantastic opportunity available for a Quantity Surveyor to be part of a leading Project and Cost Management Consultancy. Due to the continuing success in securing new projects, the current team based in Surrey is now expanding.
You will be working on high profile projects in excess of £5-10m capital value and will gain experience a in a variety of different sectors, including education, residential, property, healthcare, infrastructure and aviation.
• Contribute towards managing commercial aspects of projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings and resource requirements.
• Prepare fee proposals and bid submissions.
• Manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis.
• Ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients.
• Assist in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities.
• Mentor trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues
Qualifications & Experience:
• Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgeably advise the client.
• Strong customer management skills and managing expectations.
• Ability to represent the company during bid interviews.
• Competent knowledge of a range of procurement options available in the industry.
• Good understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
• Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
• Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
• Effective people management skills, including training and mentoring less experienced members of staff.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.