- Job Type:
- Market related
Birmingham (With Occasional UK Travel)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Contract manager to work with a leading Construction, Engineering Company specialising in Substation Projects. As part of the role you will be expected to provide contractual advice and support to the project team on a substation project in the UK.
- Provides contractual advice and support to the project team on an EPC substation project(s) in the UK, (dealing directly with major clients such as National Grid and EDF).
- Provides contractual support and leadership on incoming and outgoing claims.
- Identify changes and quantify the additional time and compensation due per the contract
- Defines approval requirements and communicates changes to the client.
- Enforces and defends contractual interests.
- Works with Legal, develops the negotiation strategy and supports negotiations
- Contract portfolio -governance. Ensures the portfolio of contracts in the business, follows contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with internal standard procedures.
- Contract execution - Identifies the contract and highlights areas of potential risk. Ensures timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio.
- Contract closure. Verifies that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding.
- Purchasing – Supports drafting of Purchase Orders, Contracts and Subcontracts.
- Tender preparation and negotiations.
- Risk management – Analyses contract terms to highlight areas of potential opportunity and risk, such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts, as work proceeds.
- Insurance – Ensures contract insurance provisions are adhered to and coordinates with Insurance Risk Management regarding occurrences
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous experience working on NEC contracts in an EPC environment ( a background in Utilities or Substation Projects would be an advantage)
- Proven track record of management of large-scale, multimillion-pound projects
- Master or bachelor's degree in Contract Management, Law or qualified by experience
- Minimum Degree Level requirements