- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Market related
We are seeking a Trader with “Market Analysis”, “Planning Strategy” & Commodities experience to join our client in London.
- Perform complex and impactful derivatives trades, for hedging purposes, following HQ’s guidelines and joint operational planning and approval from the company’s physical trading managers;
- Perform market analysis (quantitative, qualitative and technical) of crude oil, gasoline, naphtha, distillates, jet, propane, butane, fuel oil, LNG and freight in Europe and Global markets and prepare daily, weekly and monthly market reports for internal use;
- Analyse the exposure to price risk of the physical and derivatives portfolio, propose and implement actions to trading strategies (ensuring that they are at the approved limits);
- Negotiate derivatives instruments of Oil Products mostly in European markets, but also in global market, both OTC and/or exchange cleared contracts;
- Identify trading opportunities related to the company’s physical portfolio, present and obtain approval for them, negotiate and execute trades up to pre-defined limits and risks parameters involving diversified third parties;
- Assist the company in derivatives related matters and price information, such as margin requirement controls, accounting support documentation, invoicing process, derivatives regulatory legislation, etc;
- Provide training and support on the CTRM system;
- Support the company’s management on matters related to regulatory agencies and exchanges (CFTC, Dodd Frank, Emir, MAS, NYMEX, ICE, etc).
Qualification and technical skills:
- Proven extensive experience with a minimum of 5 yrs in performing the activities as indicated on the description above and in negotiating oil derivatives both on OTC and exchange cleared markets in a large oil company, commodity trading company, or large bank.
- When required by the Company, the Trader should be available to perform derivatives trades.
- Trader should have analytical skills and proven experience in both technical and fundamental analysis
- University degree (desired in engineering, chemistry, logistics, shipping, business, finance or economics);
- Experience in CTRM systems, preferably on Commodities XL;
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (desirable VB/macro skills);
- Knowledge in Bloomberg or Reuters terminals, and electronic trading platforms;
- Fluency in both English and Portuguese (desirable), written and spoken.