- Job Type:
Position: HR Advisor
Type: 6 Month Temporary Contract
Our client has a requirement for an experienced HR Advisor to work in a fast paced environment, for a business that puts people at the heart of everything we do. This is on a 6 month temporary contract basis to cover maternity, which will be home based to start with until lockdown restrictions relax. From then on, attendance at their office in Plymouth, will be as and when required.
As a trusted part of the People Team, the individual will apply their HR experience and knowledge to a range of situations, problems and issues as well as providing guidance and advice to all levels of managers and employees throughout our business. Working for the Snr HR Business Partner, the individual will join a team of HRBPs and HR Advisors.
Our client’s People Strategy has been designed to build an inclusive, high-performing organisation centred on people. They recognise the need to adapt to changing market conditions and meet their customer expectations to become more flexible and agile in how they work. Our client can achieve this by empowering their people to perform at their best by respecting their individual contributions. Our client dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help them to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customer. They are looking for someone who wants to collaborate with them on this challenging and rewarding journey and make a positive impact on the business.
• Advise and guide managers in the application of Policies and Procedures that cover all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
• Playing a vital role in case management by supporting managers to investigate cases, undertake hearings and provide guidance on discipline and grievance procedures.
• Your support will also be required with any appeal processes, we like to deal with case management in a timely manner and you’ll be able to keep us on track with this.
• Have a sound understanding of Employment Law and any updates that impact how we manage people.
• Work alongside Trade Unions in our business and it would be great if you’ve got experience of TU’s in the workplace.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills as this is a busy role and we’ll need you to prioritise your work.
• Flexibility is offered from day one as you are trusted to work under your own steam, therefore you’ll need to be a self-starter and be able to use your initiative.
• Support will be on hand and provided by your line manager and the team, we all work together to help to get the job done.
Qualifications and Experience:
• CIPD part qualified (Level 3 or 5), HR related degree desirable or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in a HR generalist role.
• Knowledge of current employment law and understanding of potential changes.
• Proficient user of Microsoft packages: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our Engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for any HR Advisor looking to work for a reputable engineering organisation.