Principal Safety Engineer - Nuclear & Defence
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
- Market related
Senior/Principal Nuclear Safety Engineer
One of our main clients has an urgent requirement for a Senior/Principal Nuclear Safety Engineerto be based in Bristol on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large engineering company who are working on industry leading projects across multiple sectors.
As Senior/Principal Nuclear Safety Engineer you will perform end-to-end work related to safety critical C&I systems. This may include FEED, specification, high level and detailed design, coding, testing, installation and commissioning activities.
You will provide advice and consultancy to clients on the design, implementation and substantiation of C&I systems.
My client would be keen to speak to candidates with the following expertise:
- You will have experience experience of a broad range of C&I equipment and its application in both conventional and safety related applications
- Knowledge of nuclear sector standards applicable to the development of high integrity software-based protection and safety control systems (including BS EN 61513, BS EN 60880, BS EN 62138, BS EN 60987 and BS EN 61508)
- Experience of the development of modern nuclear safety cases (including ‘Production Excellence' and ‘Independent Confidence Building Measures' aspects)
- A good understanding of the safety lifecycle for C&I safety systems
- Previous Generic Design Assessment (GDA) for nuclear power plants in the UK is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and system integration, SCADA configuration and software testing techniques and experience of installation and commissioning of PLC / SCADA systems.
My client is offered a competitive salary with an exceptional benefits package, apply now to explore this opportunity.