Senior Systems Engineer
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
- Market related
Senior Systems Engineer
Bristol or Aldershot
One of our main clients has an urgent requirement for a Senior Systems Engineer to be based in Bristol office on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large engineering company who are working on industry leading projects across multiple sectors.
- Delivering identified engineering outputs within time, cost and quality constraints as part of an engineering service to a client.
- Draft and implement strategies to achieve successful client decision milestones.
- Provide consultancy to client project and engineering managers.
- Fulfil a senior role within a client’s own delivery team.
- Managing multi-party and multidisciplinary teams to execute engineering plans.
- Development of engineering documentation, e.g. Management Plans, Requirement Strategies, Acceptance Plans, Architectural Definitions.
- Engage Subject Matter Experts to capture requirements, risks or solution options.
- Conduct technical analysis and make recommendations.
- Engage with wider industry to understand and shape potential solutions.
- Proactively identify opportunities and contribute to ADS&T growth.
- Deliver analysis reports to identify key risks and shortfalls.
- Participate in or lead design reviews.
- Implement quality assurance to satisfy both corporate and clients.
- Achieve client acceptance across a range of engineering deliverables.
What You Can Bring?
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as engineering, mathematics, science, software or equivalent depth of experience in an engineering field.
- Professionally recognised with an appropriate institution e.g. CEng, CSEP.
- A commensurate level of senior experience in any of these areas:
- Working in complex systems from digital, communications, sensors, platforms to software and advanced technology integration.
- Applying systems engineering processes (e.g. ISO15288:2015) across the lifecycle.
- Knowledge of modelling languages and architecture frameworks, e.g. UML, Archimate, TOGAF, MODAF.
- Managing projects and teams within different development methods.
- Understanding of different tools and techniques applied to engineering to capture requirements and develop solution designs, e.g. Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Understanding of engineering within the MOD’s procurement framework, Knowledge In Defence (KID).
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build trusted relationships.
- Ability to understand, simplify and explain subject matter to non-engineers and senior stakeholders.