Senior Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
- Market related
Senior/Principal Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer
One of our main clients has an urgent requirement for a Senior/Principal Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer to be based at their facility in Portsmouthon a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large engineering company who are working on industry leading projects across multiple sectors.
As Senior/ Principal Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible development of mechanical aspects of combat and automation system products, working across the engineering lifecycle, from requirements capture and through detailed design, qualification, delivery and support.
You will cover the following:
- Responsible for Mechanical aspects of combat system hardware design
- Integrating practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions
- Defining technical requirements at product and sub-system levels
- Developing Mechanical engineering design solutions across the full Engineering Lifecycle
- Substantiating the integrity and performance of new product designs within their operating environments
- Specifying materials, tolerances, finishes, strengths and weights of components
- Defining verification and test procedures, proving compliance for product acceptance
Your skills and qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in relevant engineering
- Experienced engineer with substantial mechanical development experience in packaging or electronics and rack installation on ships
- Experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment
- Proven experience of relevant industry standards
- Experience of all phases of the engineering lifecycle and configuration control systems
- Experience of undertaking peer reviews and presenting to design review panels
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels
My client is offered a competitive salary with an exceptional benefits package, apply now to explore this opportunity.