Senior Project Engineer
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Senior Project Engineer
6 Month Contract
Our client has a requirement for a Senior Project Engineer, who will be required to work on a 6 month contract basis in Devonport, Plymouth.
The primary purpose of the Senior Project Engineer is to assist the Package Manager in the delivery of project scope. The individual is accountable to the Package Manager for supporting the delivery of defined programme elements. The SPE will be accountable for the line management of the Project Engineer(s).
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the requirements of conventional Health & Safety Legislation are met by compliance with Project procedures.
- To ensure a plan of key activities and milestones is in place, which consistently represents the programme to be achieved for the package.
- Support the Project Manager / Package Manager in development, monitoring of progress.
- To ensure that effective cost control and monitoring is planned and implemented.
- To provide regular reports on progress, for inclusion in the project monthly report.
- To ensure that the work package proceeds in accordance with the Project programme whilst meeting the requirements of the Project quality goals and safety case requirements.
- To identify and manage specifically those areas that represent significant risk to the work package through proactive planning, i.e. interface management.
- To closely liaise with the required stakeholders to ensure all requirements are communicated and agreed.
- Receive and distribute documents i.a.w. Company & project procedures.
- To liaising with sub-contractor and Babcock Document Control sections regarding the issue and receipt of drawings and documents.
- Establish and maintain a tracking register of all documents and drawings and revisions on CDMS.
- To receive and issue preliminary drawings, documents and schedules to ensure that the sub-contractor/partners have up to date information for planning and construction purposes.
- Support, develop and agree requirements, project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- HND (or equivalent) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field.
- Experience Demonstrable experience working in a Project.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge structures or services.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- To be able to demonstrate Project Engineering in a Nuclear related field.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Senior Project Engineer’s looking for new employment.