Fire Safety Consultant
- Job Type:
Fire Safety Consultant
Remote with Potential Site Visits
Our client has a requirement for a Fire Safety Consultant, who will be required to work on a 6 Month contract basis. This requirement will be remote with potential site visits (Devonport / client offices that will be expense reimbursable).
As a fire safety consultant, you will be required to consider both organisational and physical systems, ensuring people, equipment and the environment are not exposed to unnecessary harm, using a diverse range of tools and techniques.
- Reviewing and developing conventional and/or nuclear fire safety strategies.
- Keeping up to date with the latest fire safety legislation and guidance, including BS9999, Approved Document B.
- Applying and tailoring fire safety and escape requirements to novel / unconventional designs.
- Undertaking fire safety assessments of design, with the intent of achieving a compliant design that reduces fire risks to ALARP.
- Completing basic heat flux and flame length calculations, to support effective mitigation of fire.
- Supporting project safety meetings and facilitating safety workshops.
- Facilitating safety meetings, including project safety meetings, hazard identification workshops (HAZOP, SWIFT, etc).
- Generating safety management information to support organisational or product safety management systems.
- Developing and maintaining Hazard Logs.
- Developing Safety Arguments, including Claims, Argument Evidence (CAE) and/or Goal Structuring Notation (GSN).
- Safety Case preparation.
- Working with a wide range of project stakeholders, including regulators, customers, system engineers, layout engineers, contract teams, etc. in the design of fire safety and escape systems to achieve a solution that is both compliant and practical.
Essential Experience / Knowledge and Skills for the Job
- Experience of developing fire strategies and / or fire protection designs to either British, European, IMO, or NFPA standards.
- An understanding of Safety Management principles and processes such as Safety Management Systems and Plans.
- Experience of working with the Naval Ship Code, Lloyds Rules and Regulations and SOLAS.
- Experienced in working with clients to provide Safety Management advice and guidance.
- Experience of the nuclear and maritime domains.
- Experience of fire and smoke modelling, using tools such as CFAST and FDS.
- Developing risk assessments; participating in Hazard Identification meetings/techniques, e.g. ZHA, HAZOPs.
- Understanding of the ALARP principle and developing safety arguments.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Fire Safety Consultant’s looking for new employment.