- Job Type:
12 Month Contract
Our client has a requirement for a Change Manager, who will be required to work on a 12 Month Contract basis in Warrington.
The IT Change Manager is responsible for the day to day delivery of the Change Management process and is responsible for the application, effectiveness and efficiency of this process, governing the standards that Sellafield ICT teams and IT Service Provider(s) must adhere to.
Key Accountabilities of the Job
Responsible for ensuring that all IT teams follow the Change Management process and escalate non-conformity, including:
- Ensure that Change Management process is followed by all stakeholders including IT Service Providers, Vendors, 3rd Parties, Suppliers, Sellafield Ltd representatives and all changes to IT environment are being performed under process control only.
- Operate the Change Management process from initiation through to implementation.
- Define and agree standard, normal and other defined changes (models, templates).
- Categorise and impact assess Requests for Change.
- Validate and approve Change Records.
- Identify and mitigate contention and conflicts.
- Prepare and chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings acting on behalf of the IT Change Lead if required.
- Make the recommendation regarding the decision to deploy into production.
- Conduct reviews to assess the success or failure of changes.
- Promote the Change Management Process across all involved organisations.
- Produce and manage the Forward Schedule of Change.
- Identify and address Change noncompliance.
- Define and measure Key Performance Indicators against agreed baselines.
- Report on Change metrics and provide management information to ITSM Board.
- Maintain quality checks on Changes.
- Coordinate Changes to ensure that the integrity of all environments is protected and that the correct components are implemented according to a documented implementation plan.
- Provide and maintain configuration requirements for the SL ITSM toolset to enable Change Management.
- Identify and recommend service improvements.
- Identify and provide advice to improve understanding of Change process.
- Provide input for the Change policy based on ITIL principles.
- Assist the IT Service Transition & Change Lead in completing regular audits of the Change process.
- Provide advice and guidance to IT & Suppliers stakeholders.
- Proactive engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support escalations regarding coordination of Change implementation teams.
- Act as a point of contact for all Supplier Change implementation teams.
- Work to minimise the number of failed changes and emergency changes.
- Work closely with the Major Management team for Changes to fix Major/Critical incidents, including approvals, particularly outside of normal working hours.
- Establish effective working relationships with related Sellafield teams for Changes.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the latest Change Management standards within the industry, as well as related fields such as Agile and DevOps.
Essential / Desirable Requirements
- At Least 5 Years’ experience in a Change Manager role.
- Subject Matter Expert in Change Management.
- Knowledge of Service Management Best Practice.
- Experience of managing Tier 1 IT Service Providers.
- Experience of Service Management Toolsets.
- Experience of implementing and embedding new ITSM processes.
- Ability to understand Business drivers and impact of change over a complex multi-supplier IT estate.
- Good communication skills with the ability to inform others using technical knowledge.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and patterns.
- Computer literate, including a good working knowledge of relevant computer software.
- ITIL V3/4 Foundation Certificate essential.
- ITIL V3/4 more advanced qualifications essential (e.g. ITIL Practitioner; ITIL Expert certification or equivalent).
BPSS Security Clearance Will Be Required.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Change Manager’s looking for new employment.