Lead Piping Designer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Lead Piping Designer
6 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Lead Piping Designer, who will be required to work on a 6 month contract basis, in Hersham.
Lead Piping and layout design role for a variety of industrial and chemical process type facilities. The Individual will gather information from all sources required, including other disciplines, vendors, engineers, reference drawings and catalogues to be able to successfully fix a plant layout, skid and or module and providing enough detail for a detail design house to pick up and finish.
Essential Skills / Experience / Knowledge for the Job
- Current design experience in process piping design and have the ability to utilize a P & ID to develop a constructible and cost-effective 3D model layouts which can involve skids and modularization.
- Basic design/FEED work that will involve layout of Plant. This will include line shoots to prove layouts and or skids/modules, along with operational construction and maintenance considerations and reviews.
- Must have a working knowledge of valves, in-line devices and typical support details.
- All Piping design work will be done in the Smart plant 3D software. Use of MicroStation software also integral with design responsibilities.
- Able to write strategies to communicate work to design houses in India and China.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software particularly Excel and word. Candidate will need to attend site for surveys and must be able to develop Tie-in/retrofit packages.
- Be able to run their own small job with other team members and will be generally self-sufficient. Will support Europe, India and China in detail design model reviews and giving guidance.
- Lead experience is also a requirement.
- Must have SmartPlant 3D experience.
- Must be able to travel.
- Smart plant 3D Piping Design.
- Smart plant 3D Equipment modelling.
- Leading small jobs, being generally self-sufficient.
- Minimum 12 years relevant experience.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Lead Piping Designer’s looking for new employment.