- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
12 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Contracts Advisor, who will be required to work on a 12 month contract basis, in Chiswick.
Job Purpose and Requirements:
- Support the Project in meeting its objectives through the placement of contracts within the allocated sub-sector contract portfolio to ensure a smooth O&M transition with the agreed timeline.
- Validate, refine, develop, contracting strategy for allocated O&M sub-sectors in readiness for implementation (including scope of work, demand profile, estimated contract value, market approach, bidders and the like).
- Run sourcing events as defined in the contracting strategy leading to the award recommendation of a contract, i.e. single-source, competitive tender and all required activity up to the point if award.
- Award, negotiate and execute contracts with relevant contractors based on strategy objectives, to include drafting full suite of contract documents (form of agreement, terms and conditions, scope of work, compensation, EHS, and local content).
- Manage all required key output documents generated during the contracting process, including sub-sector contracting strategy (where needed), ITT/ATN, evaluation/negotiation plan, due-diligence reports, draft contract, evaluation, award recommendation.
- Liaise with all key internal and external stakeholders to obtain support and endorsement of contracting activity, communicate updates, and response to queries.
Essential Skills / Requirements:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
- Good understanding of the buying process and systems with an excellent understanding of the end to end RTP (Requisition to Pay) process.
- Computer literate and fully conversant with the Microsoft Office suite of software applications.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to handle a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with business users and other procurement advisers.
- Experience with SAP is an advantage.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Minimum of 8 years proven contracting experience ideally in the upstream oil and gas sector, mining industry, or energy related industry with O&M experience.
- Predominantly strategic and/or high value type contracting activity with significant contract negotiation and formulation experience through competitive tendering or single-source negotiations.
- Experience of expediting contracts from contract award to initial mobilisation, start-up, transition (from incumbent contractors) and on to transformational performance.
- Proven experience of negotiating and administering complex strategic and/or multi-service type contracts.
- Experience of working with the end to end Requisition to Payment contracting process is essential and ideally with SAP.
- Articulate in writing key contracting output documents.
- Academic qualifications to Diploma level in a business or management related subject advantageous.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Contracts Advisor’s looking for new employment.