Senior Electrical Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Senior Electrical Engineer
Aberdeen - Scotland
Our Client has a requirement for a Senior Electrical Engineer, who will be required to work on a permanent basis in Aberdeen - Scotland.
Working across the portfolio the position will provide Electrical support at both an individual and asset wide perspective. Planning and managing discrete scopes of work, electrical integrity databases and vendors. The role will also own and be accountable for the relevant maintenance strategies and policy documents.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Ensuring installation integrity, reliability, availability and maintainability of electrical and control equipment are optimized, so that production targets can be achieved.
- Co-ordination with operations personnel for planned and corrective maintenance of Electrical equipment. Upgrade of redundant equipment.
- Ensuring, by audit, that switching of LV and HV is in accordance with operational procedures, safety principles, legal requirements and that all registers are maintained accurately.
- Implement, integrate and review planned maintenance programmes in order to meet statutory and vendor requirements. Update and revise.
- Maintain comprehensive records of performance, trends and failures.
- Co-ordinate all electrical third-party support performs in accordance with the statutory regulations, company policy, and contract deliverables.
- Ensures all electrical equipment in hazardous areas is maintained in accordance with BS EN 60079.
- Support the Technical Authority as required.
- The listing of main responsibilities and main duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect the needs of the company.
- Provide Electrical guidance & support to onshore & offshore personnel.
- Keep up to date with, and inform others, latest standards and company procedures.
- Review & comment on documents issued by DCC (IDC).
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of electrical maintenance in the Oil and Gas industry.
- A proven track record of delivering Electrical scopes in an offshore environment
- Experience of Maintenance Management Systems, Performance Standards
- Educated to HND or equivalent standard in Electrical Engineering
- Member of a relevant professional engineering institution (IET) would be an advantage.
- Computer literate and familiarity with software based maintenance systems.
- Good analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work as a team member and communicate effectively with onshore and offshore staff at all levels.
- Offshore survival and medical desirable.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Senior Electrical Engineer’s looking for new employment.