Project Manager (Town Planner)
- Job Type:
Project Manager (Town Planner)
8 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Project Manager, who will be required to work on an 8 month contract basis. This requirement is based in Harwell but can be remote working 2 days a week.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Support marine licensing applications for marine geophysical surveys.
- Development of applications procedures to support land use planning consenting requirements.
- Support delivery of an overarching strategic habitats regulations strategy.
- Preparation of engagement strategies for senior stakeholders / regulators necessary to support the consenting programme of work.
- Support in the production and delivery of a DCO Delivery Plan which will be include:
- Identification of DCO requirements
- DCO Dependencies
- Associated risk / opportunity register
- Resource / task breakdown
- EIA delivery plan
- Consultation and Engagement plan
- Land delivery plan (agreed engagement plan with internal land team)
- Internal governance plan including peer and legal reviews
- Develop and deliver project plans, schedules, tasks and resource requirements, liaising with PMO as required.
- Ensure accurate reporting is provided to senior stakeholders.
- Provide effective leadership and support.
- Own risk and issue management across projects and links to wider Programmes to ensure risks and issues are managed proactively, effectively and, where appropriate, escalated to the Programme Boards so that there is foresight for key stakeholders.
- Work with functional leads and other project managers to ensure that sufficient resource (internal and external, including any required external spend) is secured, allocated and prioritised to deliver the required programme.
- Ensure strategic initiatives and regulatory requirements are integrated and supported by the Programme.
- Liaison with the PMO to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Ensuring good scope fit between the different projects and effective management of dependencies.
- Identifying and obtaining support required for the management, planning, delivery and control of the project.
- Act on requirements and actions delegated from the delivery area Director / Head of Function.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Experience (3 plus) of leading and delivering on land use planning matters for major infrastructure projects in the UK.
- Experience in the early development and pre-application stages of Development Consent Order projects.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing multi-disciplinary teams, including internal and external resources, to drive integration, teamwork and problem solving while holding teams accountable for performance.
- Experienced and comfortable with change with the ability to work with an organisation that is undergoing significant transformation and can demonstrate a proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Experience of establishing strong positive relationships with the supply chain.
- Visible leadership - able to lead through engaging, motivating, coaching and empowering others.
- Collaboration - able to establish and develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, bringing people together to benefit projects or programme.
- Working with ambiguity - able to build consensus and set direction in uncertain situations and apply knowledge and techniques to reduce ambiguity.
- Conflict resolution
- Able to recognise, anticipate and effectively deal with existing or potential conflicts or disconnects at individual, team or strategic levels.
- Communication - demonstrably strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, and at all levels of seniority.
- Chartered with a relevant professional body or having commensurate qualifications and experience.
- Degree qualified in Town Planning.
- Relevant experience of working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver project objectives.
- Development Consent Order experience preferably in the Nuclear Sector.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Project Manager’s looking for new employment.