- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Our Client has a requirement for an Environmental Advisor, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Norwich.
The successful candidate will be an experienced environmental professional and will deliver environmental support to all Decommissioning activities. The focus of this role is to ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and good practice throughout all stages of the decommissioning process as well as providing proactive support to the department on environmental issues.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Ensure our Client complies with legislative requirements from an environmental stand point (including external reporting, licenses, consents and notifications)
- Draft environmental related documents required throughout the decommissioning process
- Provide advice and guidance to onshore and offshore decommissioning team on environmental issues
- Support the PLANC process from initiation of decommissioning phase through to close out of decommissioning activities for each asset
- Ensure a consistent approach to environmental management and PLANC management across all operations, by liaising with the QSHE department
- Proactively engage with decommissioning engineering team to ensure environmental issues are considered in the planning phase and adequately dealt with
- Provide support to offshore colleagues, on environmental issues
- Participate in the delivery of audits relating to Environmental Permits and Licenses
- Improve workforce awareness of environmental issues through presentations and coaching during site visits
- Undertake regular site visits to ensure environmental standards are being maintained and line ownership of the environmental management system is in place
- Ensure our Client maintains its ISO 14001 standard and facilitate the certification audit process
- Participate in the development of the Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance plan
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience working in both the on and offshore environmental regulatory framework applicable to the oil and gas industry.
- Professional qualification such and MIEMA or C.Env.
- Relevant environmental qualification to degree or post graduate level.
- Experience with decommissioning compliance and assurance is a plus.
- Integrate technical plans and assess their adequacy with regulations and commitments.
- Evaluate environmental non-compliance as business risks.
- Provide technical explanations to department staff.
- Train, coach and enthuse colleagues as a member of a coherent team.
- Interact with Regulatory Bodies and deliver against commitments.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Decommissioning Environmental Advisor’s looking for new employment.