Supply Chain Manager - Asset Development
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Supply Chain Manager - Asset Development
Our Client has a requirement for a Supply Chain Manager - Asset Development, who will be required to work on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Aberdeen and will be hybrid working.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- To lead and manage a supply chain team ensuring all activities are carried out fully in accordance with client policies, processes and procedures across a portfolio of projects and clients.
- Ensure that the Supply Chain delivers both services, equipment, manufactured goods and materials in compliance with Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Standards.
- Creation of appropriate supply chain and contracting strategies to ensure project and customers' requirements are satisfied.
- To maintain and monitor supply chain governance mechanisms within their area with a view to identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement and mitigation of risk.
- Manage delivery of full procurement activity cycle from requirement identification, through to contract close-out (sourcing, pre-qualification, supplier qualification, tender process, negotiation, award, expediting and post order management, materials management, logistics and contract close-out).
- Develop & deliver a supply chain strategy for the delivery of third-party goods and services for each project; agree with project management and implement upon successful award of client contract.
- Analyse performance data and, in conjunction with Quality and HSSEIA functions, undertake supplier performance reviews to drive supplier performance improvement.
- Contribute to and promote a performance culture within the SCM team, improving focus on performance and value creation.
- Build, lead, manage and develop the procurement, logistics, and materials management team capability in its pursuit of delivering optimal service levels.
- Resourcing projects with suitable mix of supply chain disciplines in line with project execution plans.
- Safety leader and role model and will promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team.
- Accountable for forecasting and delivering against the project SCM budgets.
- Act as SCM focal point for company and client supply chain issues.
- Ensure all supply chain activities preserve the company's legal and commercial integrity and that company's and client's governance controls are adhered too.
- Ensure all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with Company policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure all SCM personnel and suppliers comply with client’s Code of Business Conduct and the Supply Chain Principles.
- Ensure all Supply Chain Management systems are set up and operated to meet project and client requirements.
- Support the appraisal measurement and management of suppliers and subcontractor's performance.
- Functional DoA responsibility for approvals.
- The role will require the validation of 3rd party supplier invoices to demonstrate progress against milestones and/or completion of deliverables. Final approval of invoices will be by others.
- Development of SCM strategies in support of project delivery and best practice.
- Interrogate Plans and Construction Schedules to drive SCM strategy.
- Provide accurate updates and reporting to key internal stakeholders in support of project delivery.
- Deliver a portfolio of projects across multiple clients and stakeholders.
- Identify risks and opportunities with Supply Chain Management.
- Manage and forecast resource requirements.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- End to End supply chain project execution experience on UK Onshore and Offshore sites
- Detailed knowledge of the UK Oil & Gas Construction and Fabrication sector
- Proven track record of developing and implementing Supply Chain Management strategies on multiple projects.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness gained through progressive career path and experience of managing Oil & Gas Supply Chain delivery.
- In-depth experience of Commercial Terms and Conditions and proven track record of negotiated resolution.
- Experience of building, developing, and leading a supply chain team.
- Experienced in the tactical deployment of Supply Chain Systems.
- Possess excellent communication skills to build confidence and influence both client and project management teams.
- Ability to lead Safety initiatives and intervene where necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems is essential.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management and/or professional qualification (MCIPS, SCMP, and CPM) or related subjects preferred.
- Extensive end to end Supply Chain experience within project delivery
- Be able to develop and deliver on Supply Chain Strategies
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to develop strong vendor relationships
- Assertive and persuasive individual.
- Highly motivated, driven and pro-active who can interpret and constantly seeks to achieve project schedules.
- Be a motivator and developer of people
- Flexibility to comply and adapt to company and customer requirements.
- Actively promotes good business ethics.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Good IT skills in MS packages and experience in specific Procurement system such as ORACLE, etc.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Supply Chain Manager’s - Asset Development looking for new employment.