- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Our Client has a requirement for a Subcontracts Engineer, who will be required to work on a Permanent basis. This role will be based in Milton Keynes and will be hybrid working - 9 day fortnight, every second Friday off, 2 days per week from home.
Reporting to the Subcontract Manager, this challenging role is part of the subcontracting team coordinating a given project/proposal and will take charge of the management of one or more subcontracts packages.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Will be tasked with establishing and implementing effective subcontracting management systems, methods and procedures for cost and contractual issues at office or project level ensuring a continuous improvement of the processes through feedbacks and statistics [cost, man hours, productivity, quantities, reworks rates].
- This role would entail occasional travel during project/proposal phases depending on project needs and if mobilized on Site would require relocation to the site location.
- Participates in development of subcontract strategy.
- Executes the complete cycle of the subcontract management process (prime contract flow down, procedures issuance, bidder long list preparation, master bid package development, management of Call for Bids, construction manhours and cost estimate preparation, evaluation and analysis of subcontractors, Commercial Bid Tabulation, etc.)
- Performs negotiation, formation and award of formal subcontracts.
On Site Activities
- Ensures field administration of subcontracts (change orders and back-charges management, invoicing, contractual letters) until subcontracts' closeouts.
- Protects our client from claims, disputes, and arbitration.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- An engineering bachelor's degree with relevant industry experience in the Procurement or Construction or Contract engineering sectors.
- Some understanding of the oil & gas industry, and a demonstrable appreciation of the technical disciplines involved (civil, piping, equipment, electrical, instrumentation).
- Interpersonal and influential skills.
- Open-mindedness and agility with the flexibility to adapt to fast changing business situations.
- Fluency with English which is necessary for this role.
- Basic knowledge of legal, insurance and taxation principles and experience in a similar external stakeholder management environment is beneficial but not essential.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Subcontracts Engineer’s looking for new employment.