General Ledger Accountant
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
General Ledger Accountant
Our Client has a requirement for a General Ledger Accountant, who will be required to work on a Permanent basis in London.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Assists Accounting Managers with the preparation of month end reporting and accounting activities including general ledger and job cost ledgers.
- Assists with the preparation of routine financial reports including financial statements and related disclosures for various UK legal entities according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements.
- Prepares internal and external regulatory reports related to financials statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis (update on government website portals where necessary).
- Works with transaction groups (e.g. Accounts Payable and Receivables) and assists with work process improvements.
- Prepares journal entries and work paper entries into entity ledgers impacting trial balance and financial statements.
- Preparation and review of assigned reconciliations and coordination with service centres on corrective action for non-conforming accounts.
- Coordinates audit queries and compiles data to support information requests (internal and external).
- Support and assists in monitoring forecasts and budgets for the Facilities Department overhead and monthly variance analysis.
- Prepares, executes local payment instructions and sends payment confirmation to AP payment coordinators.
- Prepares and reconciles local tax returns in conjunction with Compliance teams in Service Centers.
Preferred Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and applicable accounting methods.
- The ideal candidate must possess good organisation skills, the ability to provide constant attention to detail and apply quality control over volume workloads to tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate must be a "self-starter" capable of working independently, taking initiative identifying and resolving issues, managing workload and timely correspondence.
- Good analytical skills and experience in working with multi-currencies transactions, reconciliations, project financial process controls and reporting.
- Strong IT Systems experience: including working with Financial Accounting Software including accounts payable, general ledger and billing modules; MS Office suite of applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Business Objects, and SharePoint).
- Accounting qualification with Degree, Diploma Part qualified ACCA, CIMA or similar.
- 4 - 5 years of accounting experience.
- Must have legal right to work in UK without sponsorship.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for General Ledger Accountant looking for new employment.
Talascend is a First Recruitment Group company.