- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Market related
Aberdeen/ hybrid working
Inside IR35 - PAYE
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
To promote and provide training and competency guidance to all offshore ROV personnel in line with IMCA and CAAS.
• To carry out induction training for new ROV technician recruits.
• To instruct and supervise ROV technicians using the ROV simulator.
• To develop and maintain the internal quality assurance (IQA) strategy for the ROV personnel competence assurance and assessment scheme (CAAS).
• To identify training needs based on the outcome of CAAS assessments and ROV personnel offshore performance evaluations
• To develop a coaching philosophy that supports the professional development of ROV personnel
• The ROV Instructor will plan, design, deliver and evaluate in-house induction training and coaching interventions to support the development of ROV personnel in accordance with the competencies defined within CAAS
• Assist in the provision of a variety of ROV training workshops and courses with internal and external providers.
• The ROV Instructor will evaluate external training provision to ensure it meets the needs of the company in accordance with ROV CAAS
• To instruct ROV technicians in the maintenance and repair of electronic and electrical systems and sub systems as well as hydraulics associated with remotely operated vehicles including component repair, replacement and troubleshooting on a one-to-one or group basis, in accordance with the ROV competency program.
• The ROV Instructor will monitor and track ROV technician competency attainment in accordance with the ROV competency program and perform performance evaluations.
• The ROV Instructir conduct training and coaching offshore on occasion.
• University, College or Industry education and/or training in Engineering, Electrical, Electronic or hydraulic disciplines.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Previous offshore experience with ROV operations with some of this experience in a supervisory role.
• Competent Assessor and Trained / Qualified to SQA Level. L&D9di – L&D11
• Previous experience with Innovator ROV systems, procedures and maintenance programs.
• Previous experience delivering training in electrical/electronic and/or hydraulic areas.
• Proficiency with hands on applications in electrical/electronic and/or hydraulic areas.
Willingness to undertake training and self-study to improve abilities in delivering course/workshop material.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for ROV Instructors looking for new employment.