Package Lead / Manager (Pipeline Group)
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Market related
Package Lead / Manager (Pipeline Group)
Package: Competitive base salary + car allowance + company benefits.
Location: Glasgow, Houston, or Paris (Suresnes).
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Contract type: Staff
- The Pipeline Group (PG) is a service provider to the business and their mission is to tender and execute all rigid pipelines packages carried out using our clients’ spoolbases, bundle yard and rigid pipelay vessels.
- The Pipeline Group combines the capabilities of Pipeline Production Team, Installation Engineering and vessel management consolidating expertise and knowledge in the areas of pipelay operations and engineering, materials, welding, coatings and lay analysis.
- The PG Package Lead/Manager is part of the delivery team for the tender / project and is the focal point within PG for the Tender/Project Lead or Manager. The Package Lead / Manager is responsible for the completion of the work related to the PG scope within the targets of safety, production, man-hours, schedule and cost.
- Also, to work with tender teams to identify and quantify risks at the bidding stage, thereafter managing performance and risk throughout the project life cycle.
- They will consider Glasgow, Paris or Houston as the main location for the role to be based. Reasonable planned travel, within the UK and overseas, will be required.
Key Responsibilities – Tendering:
- Agree the battery limits of the PG scope.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the various PG disciplines involved on the tender in accordance with the PG tender process map.
- Ensure all PG deliverables are issued to the PG management for review and then to the tender team in line with the scope assigned and as per schedule.
- Facilitate the PG tender review cycle (kick off meeting, strategy review, management review and tender hand-over).
- Ensure that the PG tender package is well presented and clearly understood by the regional tender teams, leading the handover and supporting the clarification process with the client as required.
Key Responsibilities – Projects:
- Organise the PG start up activities on the project: clarify and confirm the battery limits of the PG scope and split of responsibilities between PG and Project Team through RACI matrix, develop anticipated schedule of all PG activities, develop and agree with project team deliverables and key dates for all PG activities, re-confirm PG’s cost budget for PG activities with Project Team. Identify any changes up or down from as-sold position.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the various PG disciplines involved on the project in accordance with the PM7.
- Ensure PG activities progress safely with the appropriate level of quality and as per schedule.
- Control and report progress of PG activities against the agreed budget and schedule. Prepare and organise Project Monthly Status Report for review by PG Management and Project team.
- Check that the allocated resources are adequate to carry out the work and meet the target is adequate.
- Identify changes, risks and opportunities and ensure proper management of the same in conjunction with the project team.
- Highlight concerns and seek resolution to conflicts related to internal interfaces.
- Assist the Project team during meetings, as required.
- Plan and deliver the site and or vessel mobilisation[s] and support the readiness reviews in due time prior to start-up of operations.
- Follow up and analyse the progress of the sites and or vessel and lead the trouble shooting of any safety, quality or technical issue on site.
- Enforce the PG project closeout and issue PG snapshot.
Key Relationships / Stakeholders:
- Clients, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Tender, Commercial, Engineering, SCM, P&O, Spoolbase and Offshore Managers.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Engineer Degree and/or established role relevant experience.
- Recognised Project Management training and/or established role relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to compile and deliver report.
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment.
- Demonstrates credibility and professionalism, with the ability to influence to ensure all processes are fully understood and adhered to by participating project members.
- Pro-active with a solutions-based approach, will communicate constraints which may impact programme or budget.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Pro-active planning and organising skills, able to identify and effectively prioritise workload and successfully meet multiple, often competing deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership to deliver workload unsupervised while flexible to support wider team activities
- Proven ability to identify and implement improvements to efficiency and costs.
Our client are committed to creating a diverse workforce and will look to offer excellent career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
Along with a wide range of benefits and a flexible working environment, employees can further enhance their work-life balance through their Remote Working Policy.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for any Package Lead / Manager looking for new employment.