Technical Support Engineer
- Job Type:
- £30k - 40k per year
Technical Support Engineer
- Basic Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
- 6% employer pension contribution
- 1 day work from home option
- Office: Derby
An incredible opportunity has arisen to join a leading organisation. At the forefront of their industry, they are renowned for continuously developing new high-technology instruments for the medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
They are looking for someone to join the team and help with the demands of the ever growing business. If you are a Lab Technician looking to transition into a more technical role or an Engineer who is tired of traveling and want to work at one site every day, please apply now!!
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting the customers and field engineers across the whole chromatography product line. The role will also involve:
- 1st line of support to customers;
- Evaluating fault reports and initiating appropriate measures;
- Supporting customers through remote troubleshooting over the phone, email, or Teams;
- Escalating fault reports to field-based engineers if instrumentations cannot be fixed remotely;
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking all calibration tools;
- Using the ERP system;
- Occasional travel to a local customer site;
- Complying with all company standards and regulations.
The Candidate: Technical Support Engineer
The successful candidate will be a team player who is self-motivated and also has the following:
- 3+ years of experience using and troubleshooting chromatography equipment such as HPLC, GS, or UPLC is essential.
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following roles: Technical Support, Engineer, Lab Technician, R&D etc.
- Attention to detail and fantastic phone manner
- Computer literate and happy using ERP systems.
The ideal candidate needs to be commutable to the office so should live in or near the following; Derby, Burton upon Trent, Uttoxeter, Foston, Brailsford, Hilton, Ashbourne, Osmaston, Willington, Cubley, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Cheadle.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. If you would like more information on this role then please get in contact now.
Required skills; Field Service; Lab Technician; Pharmaceutical; Medical Devices; GMP;
Gas Chromatography; Science; Laboratory Equipment; Liquid Chromatography; Technical Support; Engineer; R&D; Troubleshooting; Calibration; HPLC; UPLC; Instrumentation.