- Job Type:
- £60k - 75k per year
- Basic Salary: £60,000 to £75,000
- 37 hours Monday – Friday
- Hybrid working: 3 days WFH option
- Office: Preston
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an established and forward-thinking organisation.
The Role: Commercial Manager
This role will be responsible for managing and supporting all aspects of commercial management and control within an integrated project management team. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all project objectives and aligned to commercial and legal aspects;
- Report and manage commercial issues;
- Manage procurement and commercial resource in the successful delivery of activities;
- Offer direction and instructions regarding commercial matters to various managers across the business including assistant directors with positioning and guidance;
- Ensure everyone is adhering to contractual obligations to keep them accurate;
- Negotiate and agree on final accounts from both supplier, contractor, and clients perspective;
- Support functional activities which include developing commercial processes;
- Always comply with company, client, and government policies and regulations.
The Candidate: Commercial Manager
The successful candidate will be a team player who is self-motivated and has a keen eye for detail. You will also have the following:
- 2+ years of experience in a senior role such as Commercial Manager, Quantity Surveyor Manager, or Senior Quantity Surveyor within Infrastructure, Nuclear, or Engineering.
- 5+ strong industry experience in a relevant role.
- Strong leadership skills which include managing a team for at least 1 year.
- HNC or degree qualified.
- Eligible of achieving SC clearance.
- UK drivers licence.
If you are looking for a new home at a reputable company and have most or all of the required skills, then please apply now!!
The ideal candidate should live in or near one of the following locations: Preston, Blackpool, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Bolton, Southport, Chroley, Wigan, St.Helens, Warrington, Great Britain, Burnley, Lancaster, Bradford, or Huddersfield.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. If you would like more information please contact Lucia Polito.
Required skills; Commercial Manager; Contract; Infrastructure; Nuclear; Risk Analysis; Negotiation; Contractual Obligations; Projects; Leadership; NEC3; RCIS; Senior Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor Manager; Mechanical; Electrical; Engineering.