Senior Pipeline Welding Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Market related
SENIOR PIPELINE WELDING ENGINEER
INITIAL 12 MONTH CONTRACT
BASINGSTOKE/ HYBRID WORKING – 12 DAYS PER MONTH WOIRKING FROM HOME
A Senior Pipeline Welding Engineer is required to work on an initial 12 month contract basis based in Basingstoke that will allow 12 days per month working from home which you can use as you wish
Description of role:
The Senior Pipeline Welding Engineer will be part of the materials team specifically responsible for supporting an expansion in new pipeline projects. Supporting the review and monitoring of currently ongoing EPC projects for pipelines both onshore and offshore.
The Senior Pipeline Welding Engineer’s responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- development of engineering documents for manufacturing and fabrication, including welding and NDT
- deep knowledge of pipeline materials as linepipes, bends, forgings, etc. including clad, lined or weld overlay solutions
- ITT preparation for material supplies & installation contracts
- tender evaluation of bids and alignment
- Follow-up of suppliers, contractors and installation, including but not limited to document review and approval, qualification supervisions, troubleshooting, etc.
- analysis and resolution of manufacturing and fabrication anomalies, non-conformance, etc.
Qualifications and professional experience
- The Senior Pipeline Welding Engineer must be highly experienced in pipeline design and conversant with the main pipeline materials and the relevant requirements including manufacturing and fabrication.
- The candidate must be highly experienced in pipeline Projects with in-depth experience in at least one area of materials engineering (metallurgy, corrosion, welding, coating, cathodic protection), technically competent in all the other areas. Familiar with design approaches and installation / construction methods.
- The Senior Pipeline Welding Engineer will have significant previous project experiences in Feasibility / Basic / FEED or detail engineering projects for pipeline facilities, preferably as engineering discipline Lead.
- The Senior Pipeline Welding Engineer will ideally be degree / Master of Mechanical or Materials Engineering. Member of a relevant Institution, Preferred Chartered Eng.
- International Welding Engineer (IWE) certification would be a significant advantage for this position.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Senior Pipeline Welding Engineer looking for new employment.