Principal Piping Designer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- £0 per year
Principal Piping Designer
Aberdeen – Heavily remote working with office presence ad hoc
Initial 12 Month Contract
A Principal Piping Designer is required to work on an initial 12 month contract basis that will be outside IR35.
As the Principal Piping Designer, you will be able to work from home the majority of the time with occasional office presence for project meetings.
As the Principal Piping Designer, you will have experience with either PDMS or E3D software.
- Provide good knowledge and Understanding of Design Principles
- Application and understanding of piping software packages (PDMS/ AutoCAD etc)
- As the Principal Piping Designer, you will be computer literate in Microsoft packages required for the design role
- Compliance with company design procedures, industry, international and client codes and standards.
- As the Principal Piping Designer, you will provide design and technical input to produce all relevant detail design deliverables and improvement initiatives
- Provide basic understanding of material selection / specifications and the relevant corrosion mechanisms.
- As the Principal Piping Designer, you will liaise with engineers to understand offshore/ onshore survey requirements
- Liaise with other disciplines in the execution of the work and perform Interdisciplinary check of documents where applicable.
- Liaison with Document Control to ensure delivery of all piping design deliverables is in accordance with client procedures.
- As the Principal Piping Designer, you will ensure that all work complies with the Contract Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
- Ensure that all piping work complies with project health, safety, environmental and quality policies and procedures.
- As the Principal Piping Designer, you will participate in piping design in design reviews
- As the Principal Piping Designer, you will provide practical application of design skills to solve design / layout challenges
- Provide basic understanding and application of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- Attendance at project / vendor kick-off meetings
- As the Principal Piping Designer, you will provide input to progress and planning meetings
Key deliverables to include but not limited to:
- Production of construct & destruct Isometrics
- Production of piping general arrangements
- Production of piping bill of materials
- Production of 3D models / layouts (PDMS / AutoCAD etc)
- Production of piping details (pipe supports / penetrations etc.)
- Preparation & maintenance of piping deliverable registers
- Production of piping schedules (Pipe support / TP’s)
- Production of model slides for piping design reviews
- Preparation of piping reports (Surveys / Vendor visits etc)
- Conduct site surveys and apply survey techniques
Key deliverables to include:
- Construct & destruct Isometrics
- Stress isometrics
- Piping general arrangements
- Piping bill of materials
- Piping details (pipe supports / penetrations etc.)
- Piping schedules (Pipe support / TP’s)
- Model slides for piping design reviews
- Piping deliverable registers
- Piping reports (Surveys / Vendor visits etc)
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Principal Piping Designers who are seeking new employment.