Safety Criticality Specialist
- Job Type:
Contract - 12 months+
• To bring in and undertake profitable technical consultancy work, in accordance with Company Procedures, that sustains both the Principal Consultant and others within the Company.
• To undertake, manage and deliver high quality technical work to meet the client's needs, demands and expectations; be a recognised expert within a particular technical field or discipline and be a focal technical authority internally and externally.
• To act as the technical interface with all relevant stakeholders (delivery and advisory capacity). The Principal Consultant will provide leadership to Senior Consultants, Lead Consultants and Consultants, providing guidance and mentoring.
• Projects are expected to be both UK and international typically involving a close working relationship directly with equivalent senior client personnel.
• Consult on all aspects of a particular technical field or discipline and be recognised as a person of authority within the industry/client groups
• Responsibility for managing all aspects of projects in accordance with company procedures; independently planning strategy and budgets for projects; preparation, review, approval and delivery, as defined by Operations Manager
• Act as a focal point to funnel work; attending business meetings with existing and potential clients and development of long-term Client relationships
• Participate in industry/client forums as an 'expert'
• Be the main interface between the Client in the execution of projects & delivery of key components
• Responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies for current and future Clients; Lead the development of strategies and designs for meeting Client objectives
• Develop and/or contributing to business plans; delivery against the business plan and identification and communication of business opportunities within existing projects and for strategic growth
• Responsible for new business development activities to generate workload for self and team from new and/or existing Clients.
• Allocation of work tasks / packages to Senior Consultants and Consultants, provision of technical advice and mentoring, as appropriate.
• Maintaining respectful communications with the Client and other staff
• Participate in the marketing, sales and tendering process as appropriate
• Developing personal specialist skills in specific technical aspects to meet business drivers.
• Minimum first degree qualified or Further degree and/or professional accreditation, e.g. PhD, MSc, Chartered status, membership of a professional institute, within a relevant field is preferred but not essential
• Ability to demonstrate a strong academic background and have developed an area of technical specialism or discipline
• A full UK drivers licence is essential for this position as travelling between offices may be required.
• Prior SQEP (Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person) status may substitute for formal qualifications if demonstrable experience can be demonstrated
• Areas of relevant technical experience for core technical expertise or speciality may be found on the appropriate SQEP form for that discipline (e.g. engineering, environmental, project management, safety case, waste management)
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.