- Job Type:
I currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Contracts Manager to be part of a Global Company who are a leading specialist in Transmission & Distribution turnkey projects.
This opportunity would be based in Vasteras and would require travel to other areas of Europe and the Middle East.
The Contracts Manager will be handling a number of large turnkey projects for a number of customers globally.
You will lead the contract management services for large and complex projects for EPC Solutions.
You will also ensure that all contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed.
As well leading, developing and supporting major strategic variations and claims vis-à-vis suppliers and customers in full coordination with the projects teams and Legal, always in accordance with all relevant company directives and instructions, and contract management framework.
• Responsible for the contract portfolio, tender preparations and negotiations, contract execution, contract closure and claims.
• Communicate the key contractual provisions to the project team.
• Raising contract notices under main contract developing integrated claims strategy with the project team
• Advising the purchasing department on contractual claims from subcontractors.
• Highlight areas of potential risk such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts
• Coordinate with the project team to identify customer related actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes. Recommend and implement actions to document and request the additional cost or time compensation.
• Identify and prepare claims as they arise and coordinate the efforts to negotiate and resolve major claims and disputes
• Provide training to EPC project management and sales staff on contract and claims management.
Qualifications & Experience:
• We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager who can demonstrate hands on contractual knowledge of EPC contracts preferably within the Power T&D industry.
• A University Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Law or an equivalent is highly desirable.
• Experience of projects of different size / complexity in the EMEA region
• Strong knowledge of FIDIC (yellow book) is necessary.
• Experience of contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders.
• Excellent oral and written legal business English is required
• Swedish speaking is strongly preferred
• Ability to evaluate the legitimacy of a claim as well as understand and interpret the main contract provisions.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.