Specialist HS&E - Environmental Advisor
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Environmental Advisor/EHS Advisor
Contract - initially until the end of 2019
Safety – Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy
Leadership – Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviours in line with the companies values at all times. Readily accepts accountability
Financial – Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk. Executes activities in support of the costed asset HSE Improvement Plan in a cost efficient manner
• Support the asset advisors to ensure that all relevant environmental permit and consent applications are submitted to the regulator.
• Ensure regulatory requirements are communicated, understood and develop processes within the UK Management System to support asset compliance.
• Carry out or assist with offshore/onshore HSE audits/inspections, compile reports and ensure that actions are followed up as appropriate.
• Carry out or assist with incident investigations
• Develop robust campaigns to ensure that relevant HSE issues are identified and materials prepared to facilitate communication to appropriate personnel or groups.
• Co-ordination of cross asset onshore independent verification or onshore regulatory inspection activities.
• Coordinate cross asset communications and engagement with elected reps.
• Co-ordinate the management and communication of lessons learned by providing materials suitable for roll out on assets to the asset HSE advisor
• Maintain, develop and improve the control of work processes in sustainment phase.
• Participate in and provide expert advice in relation to the management of change (EMOC) system
• Provide support to the asset based advisor in the following manner, where specific requests have been approved by the HSE Manager
• Ensure that relevant environmental permit and consent applications or variations are prepared, submitted to the regulator and followed up (as appropriate).
• Participate in and provide expert advice in relation to HSE risk assessments, risk radars, and operational activities including for example turnarounds and workpacks.
• Compile/distribute/submit relevant HSE data including performance data. For example NSSoW monitoring reports, asset scorecards, MAH data, environmental statistics for weekly/monthly meetings, annual atmospheric sheets, waste returns, drilling chemical returns and environmental returns to EEMS.
• Provide support to asset advisors to ensure that any Regulatory nspections/investigations are closed out to the satisfaction of the regulator.
• Assist with the preparation of material in support of the regular meetings including BDMs, partner meetings, and regulatory meetings.
• Provide independent SME support to internal incident investigations.
• Develop, maintain and improve of the HSE management system, providing standardised processes across assets to ensure consistency.
• Degree or equivalent (risk, science or environmental)
• Environmental qualification (e.g. IEMA or equivalent.) (preferred)
• H&S Qualification (NEBOSH or MSc preferred)
• Offshore Survival Certificate.
• Offshore Medical.
• Training as defined in the training matrix
• Relevant experience working in the HSE field within the UK Oil & Gas industry.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK offshore HSE legislation.
• Working knowledge of EEMS and the Oil and Gas HSE portal
• Excellent communication, organisational and facilitation skills.
• Lead auditor, with audit experience and and/or qualifications
• IT literate - good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
• Strong team player who is also capable of producing quality work on an individual basis.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.